Monday, May 21, 2007

A synthesis and integration, and a new description of reality

Integral Metaphysics book update Posted on May 21st, 2007 by M. Alan
Well, the first few chapters of my book Integral Metaphysics are finally almost ready, at least in rough manuscript form. If I keep going at this rate, the whole book will hopefully be ready in a few months! It's exciting to be making progress!
From the preface: The present book is the end result of my own long path of exploration in and experiences with the teachings and practice of science, esotericism, occultism, spirituality, the alternative movement, the New Age movement, and the Integral movement. The result is both a synthesis and integration of all these fields, and a new description of reality that builds on those foundations. Although the intention here is to present a visionary rather than an academic account, I have tried as much as possible to provide references and footnotes to the various concepts. However, as I am an intuitive thinker rather than an academic, inevitably there are more details and much better references when it comes to subjects I am knowledgeable about, and much less, or only secondary or tertiary references, on topics I am not...
I'm also hoping to get as much feedback, comments, constructive criticism, and suggestions for improvement as possible. What I'm hoping to achieve is for the book to be easily readable and understandable, even to people who don't have a background in the subjects being discussed. So if you find it hard to understand, that's an indication it needs rewriting! Anyway, let me know if you are interested and I'll send you a copy of the already completed material. Access: Public Add Comment Print Send views (53) Tagged with: book, writing, integral metaphysics, preface, manuscript, feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment