Monday, February 12, 2007

This time I came away from Auroville refreshed and truly inspired

The third visit presented me with yet another version of Auroville. Again, we stayed on the beach in a hut on stilts, which adds to the pleasure of going for a holiday there. I was there with Laxman, and Dominique, a friend from Belgium. We had scooters to go round and visited friends, and explored the different communities.
We visited working artists, beautiful houses and constructions, an ugly block of flats, a great concert, friends and more friends, an organic garden farm for the second time, I took part in the first half of a Bhuto workshop while Laxman and Dominique found someone to fix a puncture…
And this time, I really enjoyed Auroville. One of the Aurovillians gave me a key, when I told him I couldn’t figure what the place was about: he said, it’s an on-going experiment, but regarding the people there, it’s also a practice ground for opinions. Suddenly putting Auroville in a box didn’t matter. I accepted that there are as many Aurovilles as there are inhabitants and visitors. Then all I could see was the creativity that made the place spring to life, and the creativity of its inhabitants. The problems were the same as problems everywhere, as problem in an art studio.
This time I came away from Auroville refreshed and truly inspired. I look forward to visiting again, and see it under yet another light. Perhaps I’ll take part in something - and in the mean time, allow my own creative side to blossom. Auroville, Third Time February 2 2007 Filed under: Back in India — Joelle @ 11:29 am

No comments:

Post a Comment