Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A larger integral alliance

Edward Berge Says: December 12th, 2006 at 4:36 pm My initial post was indeed rhetorical, as I’m curious if those that left would indeed invest in “organizing” around any model other than Ken’s. I’m not the least interested in leading a rebel alliance against Ken or I-I. I’m content to play here with me mates in a semi-chaotic, semi-functional, semi-academic and wholly rhetorical capacity as provocateur de integrale.
alan kazlev Says: December 12th, 2006 at 6:17 pm Perhaps this Open Integral forum can represent one possible point of focus for a larger Integral Paradigm. He we have everyone from Wilberians to Post-Wilberians (Ex-Wilberians, Non-Wilberians, not sure which term people here would prefer) to Aurobindonians (like myself and Tusar) and others as well. ARINA might be another focal point. SCIY (the Aurobindonian blog Tusar provided links to) another.
Integrative Spirituality can be another again (if we can somehow establish contact with the people involved and get them to work with us!). Zaadz another. Franks Integral World website another. Various integral blogs and bloggers another. CIIS another. And I would also of course include I-I itself in here as well. My objection to I-I is only that they seem (maybe I am being unfair to them here!) to be wanting to be the flagship for Integral. There shouldn’t be one organisation as a flagship at all; it should be a network. So if there is a flagship it would be this larger, networking organisation, that would provide the focus and glue to bind the various elements together, not tightly, but in a lose, creative, opposites but not contradictions, way. Then, through the dialectic of all these competing, complementing, and contradicting perspectives, the Integral movement would unfold in its own organic manner. This is how imho, a true alternative integral organisation should proceed. Not a “rebel alliance”, but a larger alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment