Saturday, March 31, 2007

I’ll still have something to do with Ken’s ideas, just not him personally

Edward Berge Says: March 30th, 2007 at 7:14 am I might’ve found this odd a while back but since then I’ve come to agree with Alan that the new journal is indeed just another step in the closed “cult.” You’re right, this is not academy, it’s religious parochialism. But that’s ok, this is also America (or democracy more generally). Ken and his votaries are allowed their church, and no one outside the believers any more falls for the notion that this is a “university.” Again, I've come to peace with it like I’ve come to peace with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. They can have their church and their beliefs, and even think I’m going to hell or worse, a lower level of consciousness. I’ll have nothing to do with either. Although I’ll still have something to do with Ken’s ideas, just not him personally or his church.

No comments:

Post a Comment