Sunday, January 7, 2007

Polanyi's is the most clear articulation of a post-critical philosophy

I am not a professional philosopher, so there may well be others, but Polanyi's is the most clear articulation of a post-critical philosophy that I have ever encountered. Furthermore, once you have understood Polanyi, you can then move on to a post-critical mystical theology in a rather seamless way -- which was perfect for the absurcular needs of my book. Because once you have a post-critical theology, then you may circle back to the origins of religion and understand it in an entirely new way -- you may, to paraphrase or possibly plagiarize Eliot, "return to the beginning and know it for the first time." I don't know what to call this new-old phase, because I'm not sure there is a name for it. Call it "neo-traditionalism." posted by Gagdad Bob at 1/06/2007 08:23:00 AM 41 comments links to this post One Cosmos Under God Robert W. Godwin

No comments:

Post a Comment