Friday, December 29, 2006

Ananda-isation of matter

Andy Smith Says: December 27th, 2006 at 8:30 pm I don’t see a lot of this in Aurobindo’s writings. Most of his writings seem to be couched in very broad and abstract generalizations.
alan kazlev Says: December 28th, 2006 at 3:54 am This was certainly not my experience when reading Synthesis of Yoga. I found the descriptions of the transcendent states are very precise (I quoted one passage in my first essay on Frank’s Integral World website)...
By the way, Sri Aurobindo never claimed to have taught the highest truth. He only taught the next, and very radical, stage in cosmic evolution. But beyond Supermind are even higher states of realisation like Ananda. So in a sense you are right, even Supermind can be considered an intermediate state between the highest enlightenment and the Ananda-isation of matter. However, I find that (with a few partial and metaphoric exceptions, e.g. certain elements of Lurianic Kabbalah) almost every teaching I have looked at doesn’t go beyond conventional enlightenment, whether it be non-dual or theistic. As Sri Aurobindo says, “my yoga begins where the other yogas end.” That is why I stand by the words I stated and which Tusar repeated here. So if you know of a more profound teaching, I am most interested in hearing about it! Integral Transformation OpenIntegral

No comments:

Post a Comment